Rival® Slow Cookers
Color(s): "Black & Chrome" or "Vegetable Pattern"
Color(s): "Black & Chrome" or "White"
Color(s): "Black & Chrome"
If you purchased one of the slow cookers listed above, stop using the product immediately.
These products were manufactured between January 1999 and September 2004.
Please follow the steps below to determine if your slow cooker is subject to recall and eligible for a replacement base.
Note: Rival will replace the slow cooker base only for your model. Please DO NOT dispose of the lid or stoneware insert.
- Locate the Model Number on your slow cooker to ensure it is one of the following models: 3040, 3735, 5025, 5070, or 5445.
- The Model Number can be found on the silver UL label located on the bottom of the slow cooker base (see image below).
- Note: If your slow cooker does not have a Model Number of 3040, 3735, 5025, 5070, or 5445 then your slow cooker is not part of this recall.
- Check the Date Code to confirm it is one of the numbers on this list.
- Note: If your Date Code does not match one of the codes on the list, your slow cooker is not part of this recall.
- (To find the Date Code, look at the side of a prong of the power plug.)
If you are in possession of a recalled model with a listed Date code, contact us at (800) 299-1284 to confirm your eligibility and register for a replacement slow cooker base.
Step 4 (if eligible)
If it is determined that you are eligible for a replacement slow cooker base; unplug your slow cooker and cut the plug off of your power cord.
Step 5 (if eligible)
- Mail the following to the address provided below:
- The plug which was cut off of the power cord.
- A 3x5 index card with your name, mailing address, home telephone number, model number, and product color.
Attention: Rival Recall Center
PO BOX 3900
Peoria, IL 61614
Step 6 (if eligible)
Once your plug has been received and your registration confirmed, your replacement slow cooker base will be shipped within 2-3 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Remember, DO NOT dispose of the lid or stoneware liner from your current slow cooker. These will not be replaced. Only the slow cooker base will be replaced.