- Unplug from outlet and allow unit to cool. Always turn control to OFF then disconnect plug from wall outlet BEFORE disconnecting BREAK-AWAY CORD.
- Clean the outside of the fryer and lid with a damp cloth. CAUTION: Do not use abrasive pads or alcohol to clean the fryer.
- Remove basket handle, if one is included. Frying basket can be washed in hot soapy water.
- Rinse and towel dry carefully.
- Pour out oil and discard properly.
- Wipe the inside with paper towels to absorb excess grease. Wash interior of fryer with hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. CAUTION: Never immerse the fryer in water or wash in running water. If you own a fryer with a removable bowl or other removable parts, refer to the instruction manual for your specific fryer to determine which parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Use only oils with a high smoking point such as blended vegetable oil, pure corn oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil or grapeseed (canola oil). Peanut oil is not recommended because it greatly impacts the flavor. Also, never mix oils when deep frying.
Covered oil can be stored in a cool dark place for up to 3 months. Never store oil in the refrigerator. Replace the oil if you notice:
- excessive smoking at normal temperatures
- strong oil discoloration
- a rancid smell
- excessive foaming around the frying food
If your fryer has a hinged lid, to remove lid, depress the OPEN LID button and lift the lid to a vertical position. Remove by pulling the lid upwards. Reverse the sequence to secure the lid back into position.
Remove the oil bowl by lifting the bowl straight up out of the plastic exterior. To replace oil bowl, be sure the brass guide post (between the 2 electric prongs on the bottom of the bowl) is aligned properly with the center hole of the receptacle in the bottom of the housing. The brass guide post should guide the electric prongs into the correct position. Firmly press on bowl to ensure it is positioned properly. Lid should close tightly.
- The fryer may give off an odor when the filter has not been changed regularly. A charcoal and cotton filter should be replaced every 3 months or 15 uses. Replacement filters can be purchased on our website.
- Some fryers may have a removable metal mesh filter that may be able to be cleaned in the dishwasher or sink instead of a charcoal and cotton filter. If that is the case, refer to the instruction manual for your specific fryer for filter cleaning instructions.