Looking for something?
- You may be using too much water.
- Use a 1:1 ratio of rice to water plus 1/2 cup of water for white rice and a 1:1 ratio plus 3/4 cup of water for brown rice.
- Unplug and allow to cool completely.
- Always exercise extreme caution as the unit becomes hot during operation.
- Soak the inner pot in hot, soapy water for a few minutes.
- Wash with a non-abrasive pad.
- Wipe the heating base with a damp cloth.
- All other items can be washed with soap and hot water.
- NEVER use an abrasive cleaner or steel wool.
- Note: This unit SHOULD NOT be put in the dishwasher.
- Before cooking, rinse rice in warm water until water becomes clear. Then place the rice in the inner pot with fresh water.
- Take care to use proper water to rice ratios.
- The boiling temperature for water is 212°F.
- As soon as all of the water has evaporated the temperature inside the inner pot immediately rises.
- Rice cookers have a 'Keep Warm' Setting that can detect when the temperature rises above the 212°F.
- When this happens it automatically turns to the 'Keep Warm' Setting.
- This helps to ensure perfect rice every time.